The Internet has changed the way people discover, share, find, connect, & shop. These are your leads and prospects. You need to find ways to increase your visibility on the Internet so these same people will find and visit your website.
Believe it or not, blogging can help you with this.
Why a blog? According to the October, 2010 “The Media Audit,” blogging generates 67% more leads and 55% more traffic for B2B companies alone.
When you blog, you give prospects information they want and need. So ask yourself, what do they need that your product or service can solve for them?
Here are four ideas you can blog that will generate more leads and increase traffic to your website.
- Highlight your company – make it shine!
- Tell the world who you are and what you do, referencing your products and services.
- Include a short case study or part of a case study on how your products or services helped solve a problem with an actual customer.
- Use it as an information portal for your new products or services.
- Give tips and tricks on how your products or services can help them.
- Highlight the benefits your prospect will understand.
- Introduce new products or services in one blog post and then showcase each one individually in its own post.
- Use it to highlight existing products or services.
- Give tips and tricks on these trusted products or services and remind them of the benefits.
- Tell your reader about your “new and improved” information or features and how this will really benefit them.
- Use one blog post per product or service.
- Use it to answer commonly asked questions or address common issues.
- Find the most asked questions about your products or services and write about them. Give answers that will benefit your customers the most.
- Is there a common issue? Address this in a way that will also benefit your customer.
- Have a customer concern that isn’t the most common? Blog about it and provide a solution!
Always solicit feedback on each article about your product or service. Ask questions like, “Will this information help you? If so, how?” or, “How can we make it better?”
You can use the feedback from actual customers to write more blog posts, and even create case studies.
Basically, if you’re not blogging for your business, you’re missing out on the increased visibility for your company, increased leads, and increased sales.
What’s stopping you?
If you have more ideas on how blogging can help your business, please comment below and share!
Of course I have to ask, will this information help you? If so, how? If not, why not?
If you’re still not sure how blogging can help you and your business, contact me and we can discuss your many options!