The internet drastically changed the way people make buying decisions. What used to be someone walking into a store to make the decision is now made in advance, online, and usually with extensive research about the product or service.
There are many ways to be sure your prospect sees your products or services online. But, seeing is just part of the process. You need to take it a step further …
… you must convince them and win them over.
Sure, your web presence has to be very convincing, but it has to go further than that. Much further.
More and more buyers are looking to other buyers for details on your products or services.
You can tell them anything you like until you’re blue in the face, but it’s just not the same – it’s a biased opinion from your point of view.
Your happy customers represent you the best
An existing customer, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. It’s a story that’s convincing, a story that will win over more prospects than any brochure could ever do. Using a satisfied customer as an example in a case study will show new prospects how good your product or service works.
An existing customer is an outside source, someone who’s tried your product or service and can testify to how well it worked for them; how it solved their problem.
Why is this important for you?
You have customers who like you, who like your products or services. A case study tells everyone else how good your products or services are but goes a step further. It lets your prospect know how you solved their problem and how satisfied they are with you. It enhances your credibility.
Besides, people remember stories, not some sales letter or brochure. And if someone reads a good story about your services or products, there’s a greater chance they’ll come to you to solve their problem.
What case studies can do for you
Case studies can do all of this and more:
- Boost exposure and product knowledge. Not everyone out there knows everything about your products or services. They may not even know you exist.
- Justifies the purchase price. If the case study shows a percentage or actual dollar amount the customer has saved, this shows your prospect the bottom-line benefit.
- Generates excitement and publicity. Write an article spotlighting the case study for a trade magazine. People love stories!
- Tailor the success story to a specific target market. Target an industry, geography, size, specific challenge, demographics, etc.
- Increases traffic to your website or Social Media page. Every day, people are searching the internet for solutions to their problems. Having great case studies on your website or Social Media page will direct this traffic to you.
- Use it as a training tool. Add case studies to the training material for your sales staff. Then, they’ll be able to use it when presenting the product or service to a prospect to show how effective it is.
- Builds your reputation. The more satisfied customers you have, the more you’ll get. Case studies prove to others that you are a reputable company.
And, in case you were wondering, yes, people read case studies. They’re everywhere.
For example, want to know about HubSpot’s services? Just start scrolling through their thousands of case studies.
If you’re not using case studies now, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity … because they’re your business’s success stories!
Contact me today for more information on how case studies can increase your leads and customers!
Have a great case study story you can share? Tell us about it in the comments below!